December 23, 2008
Happy Eve of Christmas Eve
I did the usual. I used the Spagetti Sauce Cans. That was more challenging. Rebekah wanted to exercise with me, so we talked about keeping our heart and lungs and muscles healthy. A good reminder of why I am doing this. I am in a groove. I have to exercise so I can do my laundry and get on the computer. I can be ready to go somewhere by 10, so I set apts for 10:00. My challenge comes when my feet hurt from my shoes (any tennies hurt) or my kneww hurt at night or my legs ache and it brings back bad memories. This is my emotional challenge. I usually just push it aside knowing it is only temporary, but then sometimes, I wonder if it really is temporary. Like now. So I cry a little and release some tension and move on. Don't think about it again till tomorrow. Don't think about how this really is a bit draining and cancels other things I might do, because the results that I am seeing are wonderful and the limitations are temporary. That is what is hard for me. But the reality is, the limitations I have when I am not exercising are just the same and maybe bigger. It just feels different. So, I want to move through these challenges gracefully. Not hold my negative emotions in, and share them with people who love and support me and understand me. Thank you for listening. Thanks for holding me up when I couldn't stand on my own.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Keep it up Karen!
We all take our turn needing help standing up. All of us on this blog are lucky because we can trust each other to help, support and not judge. BTW, girl, you are doing JUST FANTASTIC! What an inspiration. Love, Mom
Post a Comment